Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Bag I Wanted to Make...

As a photographer and a traveler, finding the perfect bag to carry your gear and even some of your personal belongings while traveling can be somewhat.... cumbersome.

Recently I had been visualizing a design for what I would like to see in a camera bag. I was inspired by the Dream Bag Challenge that that the manufacturer Kata is currently running. Check it out! I haven't made an entry there, but might if I get my idea down on paper. Anyways, the design I was visualizing, well it was a backpack that had space for my camera and extra personal belongings. A nice rugged, fit for the rough outdoors, kind of bag. Something I could take hiking or on nomadic travels. Something versatile and modifiable enough.

Even though I had looked quite extensively I just couldn't find a bag that would fit my requirements or style. The closest I could find was the Lowepro Primus AW, which is in fact quite a nice bag, but still doesn't cut it. Then just in the last 24 hours I stumbled across this...



Image © F-Stop Gear


This is the F-Stop made Satori! (Interesting name huh?) Now I don't want to say they stole my idea or anything like that, but I want to say, this is very close to how I visualized my bag looking like! As an old saying goes "There is nothing new under the sun." Eccl. 1:9  So I guess I should just recognize that my idea wasn't the original one. It just so happened that someone else was brilliant before me.

But yeah, to the bag... It looks great, the features seem very functional, ruggedness doesn't seem to be a problem and best of all it looks really cool! Now, I haven't gotten my hands on one yet, but I surely would love to have one! When I do get one, I'll give a more in-depth review on it's awesomeness!

Definitely check out the F-Stop Gear website, they've got quite a nice line of products, including the Satori's little brother the Tilopa. For me what really makes these bags awesome, aside from the things mentioned above... is the internal detachable/removable camera compartment! Less gear, more gear, normal backpack, camera backpack... versatility, now that's what I'm talking about! Can see the bag in action right here!

Out,

FriĆ°rik

1 comment:

  1. i've got this same bag and i have to say it is awesome! you will not be disappointed whatsoever with the fit, comfort, size, and definite ruggedness of the satori. WELL worth the price for all things considered.

    ReplyDelete