Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Vacation & Travels - Update #2 (Norway/Switzerland/Lichtenstein)

So the wedding finished late in the evening! Got some great shots of the bride and groom and now my friend is off to manhood and happily ever after! :-) 

Right after the wedding I hitched a ride to Oslo train station where I was kicked out after an hour or so since they close it just after midnight... I just barely missed the last train to the airport and had to wait until 4:45 to catch the next one. I met some Lithuanian girls that were kicked out as well and I walked them to a safe haven at the buss station not to far away where they have a waiting room, but there is a guy there that is posted there to keep you sitting right and awake... funny eh? 

I made it to the airport in the morning and caught a snooze before my flight around noon. Gardemoen airport in Norway is supposedly one of the best airports to sleep in, like people don't disturb you and it seemed quite true because when I came there were lots of people lying around everywhere.  

Now I was flying with Swiss airlines and the flight was good! Considering I was in economy class it was really good! They really care about quality service and lasting impressions. The seats were comfortable, legroom tolerable and they gave me a croissant, yogurt and bar of chocolate! Other budget airlines take note... because they were fair price!

Now arriving in Zurich I went to pick up my rental car, an Opel Agila 1.2... It was a nice car, brand new! Now I tried driving around the city a bit, exploring the center, but it was just so crowded with small streets that I left soon. I had decided to drive East and following the small country roads to Lichtenstein. Driving on the country roads in Switzerland is just beautiful, with the mountains and the ornate houses, it's actually amazing that you make it to your destination because I could have been stopping to look and photograph every 5 minutes (sometimes did that)... I finally made it through to Lichtenstein and almost drove through it! It really is a small place! I found Vaduz castle, which is kind of a symbol for Lichtenstein and took a picture. Before I got to Lichtenstein I found a nice parking-lot in the town Buchs in Switzerland, just over the border, and decided to stay there for the night... I had decided to just sleep in the car since it would not really be worth it for me to rent an expensive hotel room for a few hours of snooze time.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment